Website design and development are very important as you create a new website with the proper curb appeal and showcase for your product/service. Once you have a spiffy website, the next consideration becomes how are you going to show off your site and drive traffic?
Driving traffic requires investments – either of time or money or both. For the budget conscious, we have put together a few surefire ways to drive traffic to your website …
1. Content – Content, content, content. The static content on your website should contain keywords that are relevant to your industry but the real key to driving new traffic to your website is fresh and interesting content via a company blog. Articles should contain information about your industry, interesting stories about your business and employees and creative ways to indirectly market your product/service. Make sure that you are updating your blog frequently and using keywords in your blog posts – this contributes to the very important organic SEO .
- 8 Reasons Your Company Should Have a Corporate Blog
- Parasol Power Chat – Corporate Blogging and Social Media
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – You have several choices on how to proceed with SEO: paid SEO and organic SEO. Content and Social Media are two methods to achieving organic SEO. Paid SEO consists of buying keywords, backlinking, directory lists and other methods that require a SEO specialist to analyze and implement. Most companies (including Parasol Creations) offer several different levels and pricing plans for those that choose to go with paid SEO plans. The organic SEO is certainly more budget-friendly but takes time and dedication to generate and maintain.
Google Place Pages are mandatory for local and brick and mortar businesses. The set-up and maintenance is usually less expensive than many SEO plans and can be far more beneficial for the local business.
- 6 Things You Need To Know To Optimize Your Google Place Page
- Search Engine Domination
- Parasol Power Chat – The Four Building Blocks of SEO for Business
3. Social Media – Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin are great tools for most businesses and the perfect ways to share your content, network with customers, increase your online exposure and contribute to driving traffic to your website. Time is the big commitment on social media and many business owners opt to have social media companies handle their social media.
- Social Media Domination
- Parasol Power Chat – How to Engage Your Customers on Social Media
- Parasol Power Chat – Using Twitter for Business
- How Small Businesses Are Using Social Media
Want more business tips? Sign up for the Parasol Creations newsletter!