Here are 6 New Year Resolutions that every small business needs to make for 2012 -
1. Engage on Twitter - Stop the broadcasting! Twitter is about networking, making new connections and hanging on to connections you have already made. Businesses that use twitter for broadcasting are not using twitter effectively. Make a resolution that you will spend 15-30 minutes every day on twitter engaging with others, retweeting and connecting.
2. Learn a New Social Media Platform – Once you have one platform under your belt – how about expanding to a new one? Check out Google+ Business Pages or start a Flickr community sponsored by your company. Reach a whole new group of potential customers!
3. Give your Website a Refresh – Look at your website critically. Ask family and friends to give you an honest assessment. Just like in real estate, websites need curb appeal. Refresh your content, update your graphics, correct the flow and watch the difference in your stats!
4. Search Engine Optimization – Sometimes it is not about how good you are at what you do, it is about your search engine placement. Update your SEO as you give your website a refresh. Utilize SEO techniques when writing your content. Improving your search engine placement can be a game changer for 2012.
5. Get Proactive with your Business Development – Time to clean out the rolodex! The new year is a perfect time to re-connect with previous customers and people from your network. Find out what they are up to and let them know what is exciting for your business for 2012. Reconnecting gives you a chance to find some crossover where you can help a friend and they can help you. Make a list of the top ten companies that you want to do business with in 2012 and go after them!
6. Get Creative with your Marketing – Social Media gives every business the chance to launch a creative campaign and make it successful. Use graphics, video, and contests to attract new customers! How about a twitter chat? Create new avenues and use indirect marketing techniques to get in front of customers.
Parasol Creations wishes you much success in 2012 and for those businesses that would like some help executing your New Year Resolutions, contact us for a Free New Year Consultation!